It's no secret that 2 has been kicking my ass.
In fact, that might be an understatement.
However, in an effort to pretend that everything is perfect and sunshiny I am focusing on the positive moments today. This week. Maybe it will be a list to incorporate every week from here on out. At least until this phase of obstinacy moves past us.
Here are some happy motherhood moments sticking in my mind lately.
- Watching the girls eyes go wide as they went down the big slides at their first carnivals with their daddy -- twice in one weekend.
- Hearing the words: More ice keem; no likey; i sorry, mommy; Nana, look! Fire truck!; bun (which means fun); and, I wuv u whispered in my ear as a secret.
- Seeing the two of them learn to really play and mimic with their dolls. Watching them feed them cereal or "lunch" with a spoon, give bottles, wrap them, unwrap them in blankets, push them in shopping carts, put them down to sleep only to wake them back up in seconds. The way they hold them and nurture them shows me that I've done my job even if it doesn't feel that way most of the time anymore.
- Helping them make a tall stack of blocks just so they can knock them over and hear them crash.
- And, finally, wanting to twirl along with them as they spin and spin and spin in the prettiest dresses in all of the land during music class.
Thank you for visiting today.
Did you like this blog post? Please consider subscribing here: