Sunday, September 7, 2008

These are the days of our lives

There should be a blog post here. Something witty or heartbreaking or, even, just tired prose. But, I have nothing. A long list of things I didn't get to do this weekend, a deep well of sadness that the weekend is over and a very weird feeling of not wanting to be a working mom or a stay-at-home mom or, even, a work-at-home mom anymore.

I just am.

I feel like a bug hitting the windshield of an 18-wheeler -- caught off guard with the full impact of this is what life is for mothers today.

The question remains: How will blogging fit into this new life of ours?

I wish I knew the answer. I'm pleading for the energy, the material and the time. This is the only thing I have and I want to keep it, even if everything else is a mess.

I'm sorry for not reading your blogs, or even if I have read your posts, I haven't commented. I'm sorry for being absent. For being melodramatic. For being sad. For being angry. For taking at least one coffee break each day at work and wasting money on take-out lunches because anything -- ANYTHING -- is better than peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese right now.

To change all of this, I'm going to say this: Life is getting easier. And I still have a lot to say. I just don't know when and how I'll get to say it.

4 comments:

Sleepandhersisters said...

It takes time to ease into new things in life... I want you to know you don't have to rush we will be here when you are ready (I know I will be).

Katherine

jena strong said...

No apologies here, Shawn. Just friends who love you.

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Take it one minute at a time, my dear. This is a HUGE life transition for you. We're still here cheering for you and your family.

Shannon said...

You don't have to say anything, Shawn. We know you're there and you know we're here. Always. No matter if our words are or not.