My circle of twin mom friends met last night like we do every so often, but this time at my house for a Girls' Night In. The great thing is that because we were more relaxed than we are in crowded, busy restaurants we learned some amazing things about each other. We even shared stalker stories!
Here are five tips to host a great night in.
1. Order take out: No one has to cook, and the host isn't left with too many dishes to clean at 1 a.m. (Yikes!)
2. Lots of chocolate: Brownies, cookies, straight chocolate ... all are complete musts to nosh through the hours of stories.
3. Play soft music: It wasn't my plan, but it's what was on and it was just loud enough to be relaxing, but because there were no lyrics there was plenty of space for everyone to talk.
4. Dress casually: Pajamas, yoga clothes, active wear ... something soft and smooth so you can curl up and just talk or listen.
5. Bring something: Have each person bring something that brings them comfort -- a bottle of wine, a dessert, a massaging tool or a candle, even. We didn't use any of it -- well, except the wine. But we didn't even watch any of my Sex and the City DVDs, which I thought would have been perfect.
The point was that we were ready for anything, but the gift was already among us -- the conversation, the camaraderie, the laughter and the relating.
That is what Girls Night In is all about.
I'm grateful to have these women in my life.
Thank you for visiting today.
Did you like this blog post? Please consider subscribing here: