Sunday, April 15, 2007

Why us? Why me? Why this week?

 
Posted by Picasa


Dear Lady Bug,

What is it about Fridays? What is going on? I am lost. Our schedule is lost. Our normalcy, gone. I don't know which way is up.

I don't know why you have a fever running high now in its fourth day. I don't know why you cry so much, so long, so hard. Why won't you eat like you normally do?

My sweet Baby, so sick. So sick.

The doctors have checked, rechecked, and triple checked. You have no identifiable infection. Poor girl, all you have gone through and you didn't even throw up like you normally do during an exam. What a strong girl you are, the doctor said. (Of course, he said this as you pulled his fingers away from your swollen glands.)

I am lost. My heart breaks. Please let this pass tonight. Let's wake tomorrow, all four of us, and dance and smile and act crazy like we usually do.

Please. God. Let this week be over. Soon.

No comments: