Monday, April 30, 2007

Break free of the gang, girls!

Dear girls,

There was a time, long ago, that I spent a great deal of time researching and learning about some pretty serious topics. One of those was street gangs. Oddly enough, that research has stuck in my head. I see the "newspapers of the streets" (some call it graffiti) every where and try to interpret it. I observe groups of young men all dressed head to toe in one color. I know their Mamas' didn't dress them that way.

Still, I have to laugh these days at the various unique communication going on between the two of you. It's subtle, and only you understand it.

J, you give a great hand sign (it is used as bye-bye) that involves your elbow up to your ear and your hand waving at the base of your chin. You give this sign, mainly, to the birds. I'm not sure what you are trying to tell them.

L, you speak in lingo we cannot even replicate. It goes much like this: Da-gaw, da-gaw, da-gaw, da-gaw. You simply do this around the clock, but especially when very upset or very happy. I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.

What more will your baby gang of two provide as great entertainment for us?

No comments: