Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger Award

This blogging thing ... I could get used to it. After a world of non-descript, everything is black and white and only the disheveled white males can be our super heroes of newsrooms ... I can officially state that I could revel in the likes of bloggerville forever and be perfectly happy.

First, I won a free six-month subscription to Netflix, which has begun.

Now, I've been granted an award -- a Rockin' Girl Blogger award.

Because once a reporter, always a reporter, I Googled to find the original blogger for this Meme, but couldn't find it. I don't have enough time to wade through all of the searches that popped up. As it turns out, half or more of the Internets girl bloggers have been given this title. I'm technically not a girl, but as I searched neither are most of the women bloggers also receiving this meme.

Whatever, I'll take it happily. Anything to add a bright pink bling on my right column. Anything to get the poop story out of my head, and off my fingers. Anything that will attract more people to read this blog's first author interview and sign up for the giveaway.

Now, I have to find five lucky Rockin' Girl Bloggers who have been secretly hiding ...

Here are my picks for Rockin' Girl Bloggers:

Steph at Baby on Bored who really needs to change her blog title to Babies on Bored because SHE'S EXPECTING TWINS. She even knows she's expecting twin girls. We're on board with that, Steph. We love twin girls around here.

Jane who totally makes me laugh on her Baby Squared blog on www.babble.com.

Leah at Mama Dharma. I recently discovered her blog and think she has great vision and clarity, despite daily challenges.

I find it really hard to believe she hasn't been granted this title, but Rebecca from Girls Gone Child has to be the most rockingest bloggers out there. I find her writing style, her boy's brown eyes, and her insight into motherhood all profound and charming. She's the only A-list blogger I read daily.

Finally, I'm going to give a shout out, once again, to Shannon whose minimalist blog posting style had me at hello. She's all about writing on The Writer's Journey.

Thanks, MamaBlogga for honoring me with my first award.

4 comments:

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

thank you so much for this!! you are too kind!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Rock on, girl! :) I thought about passing you mine, but I just hate playing favorites, even though I have them. ;)

Shannon said...

awe, warm fuzzies here! Thanks bunches.

Leah said...

Awesome! thanks so much for the award. so glad to have discovered your blog as well.