Monday, August 13, 2007

Celebrating transitions

Each of you, with some help from me, took off your sandals yesterday, and learned what it feels like to walk barefoot in the soft green grass, to gallop along cool, damp brick walkways, and trek through woody mulch. You passed from texture to texture, carefully, sometimes with a slight wince, but always with eagerness, always with a smile.

I, too, am treading lightly, but eagerly this week as we transition from two naps to one.

My writing will suffer the most since the only way anything gets done around here is while you are napping. I'll have to be a bit more organized, a lot more flexible and slightly more ahead of the game than usual.

But, I learned from you today as you stepped one foot in front of the other into new territories.

Some steps require a little more gentleness, a little more attention, but in the end, it's worth the adventure because new doors fling open, and fabulous light that shines down on us.

Of course, there is more to this than our daily schedule. Our lives, too, are about to change. New adventures are upon us.

Wait for me.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

"Wait for me" That about sums it up, doesn't it? :-) Good luck with the one nap!

Candace said...

You daughters are going to love reading these one day!

I have tagged you for a meme over at my place. Come check it out if you wish to participate!