Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wanna know something?

Ages ago, at least in toddler speak, Mama Zen of The Zen of Motherhood, tagged me with the 8 Things About Me meme.

Honestly, I couldn't think of even 8 things so I got overwhelmed. I tend to be a tell-all so I'm not hiding too much, at least I didn't think. Here, I've just tried to give a mixture of the pathetic, funny, interesting and sad.

But, of course, I am hiding some things, I thought the other day. My girls, on the other hand, know it all.

1. I am easily frustrated. I feel that I have lots of patience to a certain point, and then I want to explode. For example: J and L have been doing a lot of crying, less napping and more fighting. Add that all up and you get one messy situation all day long. Usually after a day of being so patient, one handful of thrown food or one kick to the head picking up the food -- all on a day when The Da! will be later than usual -- I just want to drop to the floor and throw my legs and arms around in a tantrum.

2. I have the highest possible expectations of people. And they tend to disappoint me every single time.

3. I have trouble sitting still for TV most of the time unless it's the food channel or HGTV.

4. I'd give anything for a gourmet kitchen in a nice neighborhood.

5. I'd read magazines all day if I could.

6. A glass of wine at the end of a long day is really all I need, yet I hardly have any on hand.

7. I still only have about 10 songs on my iPod that's how out of touch I am with music.

8. I walk every day between 2-16 blocks unless it's too hot or raining.

9. I've seen dead bodies in real life.

10. I've been to more funerals for people I don't know than people I do.

Oh, duh, I gave you 10. I'm so used to Top 10 lists.

3 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I hear you on #1. I am oh so patient, patient, patient...and then I want to lose it.

Shannon said...

#'s 1,2,5,6,7 & 8 are me, too. So, my advice to us both-breath more, lower our expectations and stock more wine! he he

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I, too, thought I had near infinite patience -- and then I had kids. My explosions seem to come on really fast -- I'm trying to be better about watching for the signs and getting a break when I need it, but I'm still not good at it. I'm patient, and then BOOM I'm not!