Sunday, May 13, 2007

A bittersweet Mother's Day

J and L:

This is only my second Mother's Day, and last year you were so little, so needy that it wasn't really a day for me at all. Today, though, is proving to be not as perfect, but hopefully it's still early. I'm having a typical day -- full of emotions that run high and low.

First, Happy Mother's Day to my mommy, who will celebrate her first Mother's Day 12 hours away from me, her first child. I'm sorry I can't be with you for the first time in my memory. This distance-thing is hard; holidays make it harder. I hope you enjoy it in Georgia on this Mother's Day. Hugs.

Second, Happy Mother's Day to Mom Mom, who is not quite as far, but we're still having trouble connecting. I hope you have a great day enjoying this perfect weather. We will see you soon. Promise.

Third, my baby Lbyrd is sick, again. After just recovering from an infected lymph node it seems she has caught a nasty cold. Bless us with some sleep today -- like right now for a nap -- and especially tonight, my sweet. Please.

Fourth, my awesome husband knew I would not win that darn iPod in that 5 Minutes for Mom contest ... so, he bought me one!! Yes.

Fifth, could this weather today -- at least here -- be any more perfect? Goly. I best not complain about anything else because a spring day can't get any better than this. Glorious.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are moms today. Take comfort in the fact that you are loved and needed, even today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sorry I'm a day late but we were away yesterday.

Love,
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Love this one Shawn. Hope all is well now.